Sr. Claims Processing Assistant
Position & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the workflow of the transcription unit for the Claims Department
- Utilizes Image Right to query Wins and Image Right to verify new claim information
- Manages Image Right processing flow regarding new claim tasks at all steps
- Generates form letters when required
- Enters claim information into the claims systems on set ups
- Processes the payments for the MJM vendor.
- Responds to telephone inquiries regarding receipt of new claims
- Maintains tables and lists as requested
- Updates Image Right with claim documents when needed
- Requests underwriting files when not available on Image Right
- Reports any workflow issues within the unit to the Claims Operations Manager
- Helps design and manage workflows of the claim processing process
- Participates in claims systems testing projects
- Oversees the functions of the claim processing process to efficiently achieve desired goals
- Works independently with little supervision.
- Completes special requests, and other tasks as requested.
- Commitment to Global Indemnity as a service-oriented company.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Complete understanding of Claims Department support procedures and systems.
- Must be cross-trained to perform other claims support functions and have excellent organizational skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to answer routine claims department questions within the authority and scope of the position.
- Ability to communicate with company personnel as well as the general public, in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers in maintaining a positive work environment.
- Must have strong computer skills with a knowledge of Windows operating systems plus Word, Excel and ImageRight,
- Must be able to perform more advanced input operations, claims processing, data entry, track and correct errors
- Must be able to effectively learn and understand insurance terminology.
- High school or equivalent diploma required
- Business school certifications or designations are a plus.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to enhance job knowledge and insurance education.
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software