Software Quality Automation Analyst
As part of an agile scrum team, the Software Quality Automation Analyst will collaborate with other members of the team to determine planning and design, review product code, and formulate test scenarios. They will drive Quality across the development team by constantly building easy to use test frameworks and writing test plans and scripts for identifying defects during application development. They will evangelize DevOps principles including continuous integration and delivery, and help build automated testing, monitoring, and feedback into all stages of the DevOps lifecycle. The Automation Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills and software design principles to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Use proven software design principles and patterns to build automated test frameworks to execute test plans and improve software release speed and reliability
- Work with Development to Integrate automation frameworks into CI/CD pipelines
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Create dashboards to communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the development team and management
- Collect and stage data necessary for automated test execution
- Use innovative test technologies to develop strategies for unit, functional, regression, integration, and performance testing.
- Analyze specifications and user stories to develop test plans and functional requirements
- Execute manual test cases when test automation is not possible
- Actively participate on an agile scrum team
- Assist developers with unit testing and code reviews
Requirements & Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience with the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for automated software testing.
- Experience with P&C Insurance software applications required.
- Experience with automated testing product TAC for Duck Creek required.
- Experience with other automated test products a plus (such as Selenium, Soap UI, Katalon Studio, Postman, etc.)
- Deep understanding of automation test framework design and hands on experience in automation testing
- Strong knowledge of unit, functional, regression, integration, and performance testing best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools.
- Working experience in agile and DevOps focused environments.
- Proficient in querying data structures using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.