Reinsurance Analyst (hybrid)
Global Indemnity offers a broad array of insurance and reinsurance products and services to meet the needs of a diverse customer base. Our operating segments, Penn-America Group®, Diamond State Group®, United National Group®, American Reliable Insurance Company, VacantExpress.com®, Collectibles Insurance Services, and Global Indemnity Reinsurance Company Ltd., are providers of specialty property, and casualty coverage for specialty risks, programs, and niches that are generally not offered by standard insurance and reinsurance companies. Each of our operating segments targets specific markets and distribution channels, providing the company and our agents opportunities and flexibility in conducting business.
The Reinsurance Analyst position is part of a team in Corporate Underwriting designed to embed analytics into the business and reports up through the Chief Underwriting and Analytics Officer. As a Reinsurance Analyst in the Underwriting Department, you will have the opportunity to work on various projects, supporting both our Reinsurance (Assumed and Ceded) and UW Analytical Projects. Projects will be assigned by the AVP Ceded Re, COO of Reinsurance and AVP UW and Project integration. Represent company at external events.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting the AVP of Ceded Re in pulling data and preparing data for reinsurance submissions and evaluating new reinsurance structures. Evaluate structures in capital modeling software (Metarisk). Represent company at industry ceded reinsurance events and interactions with brokers, reinsurance partners, etc.
• Assist AVP of Ceded Re in pulling various requests with regards to evaluating companies Cat exposure and risk tolerances.
• Assisting the COO of Reinsurance in evaluating new assumed reinsurance opportunities in pulling rate filings and putting together rate competitor comparisons in support of new opportunities and underwriting high Excess Professional Liability business for Accountants, Lawyers and Consultants. Represent company at assumed reinsurance events with brokers, clients, and new opportunities.
• Assist AVP of UW and Project integration in various data projects related to new third party data underwriting initiatives. Pull and evaluate new data sources and compile various data requests.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in Risk Management or other Quantative field preferred.
• 1-3 years experience in a technical position in Property and Casualty insurance company preferred but not required. Prior internship experience accepted.
• Experience with General Liability, Professional Liability, Property, insurance rating terminology a plus.
• Experience interacting with insurance/reinsurance brokers a plus.
• Knowledge of various underwriting terminology as it relates Property and Casualty a plus.
• Experience interacting with brokers a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; the ability to promptly. respond to requests and deliver feedback tactfully is essential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
• Programming experience in one of the following languages (e.g. SQL, Python,R) a plus but not required.
• Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI (or comparable software) a plus but not required
• Experience with GC Metarisk (or comparable software) a plus but not required
• Excellent analytical, data, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Professional designations (CPCU, RPLU, AU, ARE, INS, etc.) are a plus but not required
• Ability to download the company's VPN software onto a compatible personal computing device for remote work as needed.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.