Underwriting Assistant - United National
This position is responsible for all policy transaction processing and technical support functions for our United National commercial property & casualty business.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Assist underwriters and management with running agency reports
- Conduct internet searches and assist underwriters in researching and underwriting risks
- Complete all necessary systems testing as required by IT as the United National liaison
- Assist underwriting in new program pre-launch and post-launch file documentation
- Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy and discuss with agent or underwriter as appropriate
- Monitor policies for recommendation compliance
- Contact producers to gather any additional required information
- Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
- Participate in continuing education where required; and participate in agent meetings conducted by the company.
- Conduct quality reviews on agent compliance to company guidelines
- Review and set up renewals
- Organize departmental files in Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams
- Refer urgent requests to other staff in absence of manager
- Participate in projects, such as updating underwriting manuals
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1 + years experience in an underwriting department of an insurance company or agency preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Insurance related coursework beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with producers through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence
- Prior experience working in with rating systems is a plus
- Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.