Sr. Application Developer
The developer will join a medium sized team responsible for delivering policy administration solutions to support Global Indemnity's insurance operations. The team creates and maintains solutions using proprietary technologies, as well as a variety of Microsoft .NET technologies. Members of the team will be customer focused and committed to a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continual improvement.
Required Skills – a good working knowledge of the following:
- C# and .NET Framework 4.0 or greater
- XML and related technologies such as XSLT, XQuery, XPath
- Relational databases (preferably SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater)
- Source control systems (TFS, Subversion)
Additional Preferred Skills
- Exposure to proprietary development systems
- Deployment automation
- Agile methodologies
- Software design patterns
- Web services (WCF/REST)
- Insurance knowledge (specifically P&C policy and claims)
- Four-year college diploma or university degree and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years software development and troubleshooting experience in the required technologies listed above.
- Willingness to seek out opportunities to learn and ability to understand new technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Perform and assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications according to GBLI's best practices and SDLC.
- Provide feedback and analysis of software requirements and specifications.
- Consistently create and maintain software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Create and maintain code and scripts across the full stack of software development including UI, business logic and database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Ability and willingness to download the companies VPN software onto a personal computing device for remote work as necessary