The Sr. Underwriter – Environmental underwrites new and renewal Environmental Liability Products (contractors pollution and professional liability) business. Manage an assigned territory in support of profitable growth objectives. This individual will develop strategic, operational and tactical plans that are designed to achieve and exceed established goals. Relationship management is of critical importance and determined by where Global Indemnity position of prominence sits within each appointed agency.
This candidate must demonstrate a strong customer focus with a sense of urgency balanced with core property & casualty technical skills that enables this individual to underwrite individual risks with speed, accuracy, and prudent decision acumen.
- Review, price, and manage renewal business (multi line with an emphasis on contractors pollution and professional liability) in accordance with company guidelines
- Select, price, quote, and decline new business in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgment
- Respond to endorsement requests from existing accounts
- Provide 24 hour response time on new business submissions and same day turn-around on phone calls and emails,
- Travel regularly to assigned agents
- Develop and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed agents to foster the generation of profitable business
- Accountability for the production and loss ratio performance of assigned agents
- Educate agents on Global Indemnity environmental products and underwriting systems
- 6-10 years Property and Casualty Underwriting experience required including expertise in Environmental Liability Products (Environmental impairment, contractors environmental and/or professional); Excess and Surplus lines strongly preferred
- Experience working with wholesale brokers preferred
- Overnight travel within territory to meet with brokers will be required (approximately 10-20%); the ability to efficiently plan/manage agency visits and travel time will be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; The ability to market Global Indemnity products to agents is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Professional designations (CPCU, AU, ETC.) are a plus
- Insurance rating experience is plus
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to download company VPN software on compatible personal computing equipment to allow for remote work as necessary
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.