As an Actuarial Intern, you will have the opportunity to work under the direction of a Sr. level Actuarial employee to complete projects and tasks that support the goals and results of the Actuarial department. Lines of coverage may include personal property, agriculture, commercial auto, general liability, and power sports. This opportunity would be ideal for an individual to gain practical Actuarial experience as a starting point to a career in the industry.
- Performing data analysis for loss development and loss ratio projection files.
- Other miscellaneous projects related to testing new data marts and developing new reports.
- Analysis of industry data with regard to Increased Limit Factors, loss trend, exposure trend and loss development factors.
- Developing rate filings in support of insurance product revisions
- Pursing Bachelors’ degree with actuarial, insurance, or mathematics concentration
- Strong computer skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) is helpful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Completed Actuarial exam a plus but not required
- Ideal candidate will have completed Junior year but open to other classes as well
- Prior experience in insurance and or general business a plus