Customer Service Rep II
The Customer Service Representative II is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers through primarily inbound telephone contacts. Additional requests may be received through mail, fax and other electronic methods. Utilize customer relation software to track calls, research information. Representatives at this level use judgement to determine if more complex questions can be addressed through timely consultation with more senior personnel.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Receive and maintain a consistent high call volume
- Assist in providing information to insureds, lienholders and agents
- Assess complexity of each call for possible elevation or re-routing
- Access and research information from various databases
- Verify and update various customer information with a high degree of accuracy in various systems
- Be able to accurately follow standard screens, procedures, and scripts to perform tasks
- Learn company products and services as well as general insurance terminology.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma
- 1-2 years of work experience in office environment and/or a customer facing/servicing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and retain information about company products; as well as train and master various company systems (some complex) needed to perform work
- Ability to recognize the need for, and adhere to, defined procedures
- Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor on the phone at all times
- Ability to help defuse frustrated callers
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions regarding if a call is within the scope of one’s knowledge and experience and/or may be able to be handled by consulting more experienced staff.
- The availability to work a standard 8.5 hour shift which may be schedule anytime during the hours of 5:50 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
- Ability to download the company's VPN software onto a compatible personal computer