This position is a hybrid position in Scottsdale, AZ or Bala Cynwd, PA
Business Analysts identify, define and document business processes and software requirements to be developed as software. They serve as a liaison between business and IT teams by facilitating communication and determining software objectives that align with stated and unstated business needs.
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Understand technical options, limitations, costs, and risks. Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including business case documentation, scope documentation, and process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Document current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Bachelor’s degree in business information systems (IS), computer science or related field, or equivalent IT experience. Business analysis certification (e.g., CBAP) is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in business analysis with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in property and casualty insurance, or some combination of both.
- Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
- Experience creating documentation such as business case documentation or business requirements summaries.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and agile planning tools such as Azure DevOps, Jira, etc.
- Experience in project management a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations, and policies of a new business area.
- Strong problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, expertise in setting and managing customer
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Experience with core software applications including MS Project, Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio, etc.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Working from Home
Work-from-home is supported only with the use of GBLI provided IT equipment. Work-in-the-office is required at least three business days per week when a GBLI office is within 40 miles of a candidate's home.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.