Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
Position & Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of new program opportunities, using information provided and various actuarial methodologies.
- Extraction and comparison of rating factors and algorithms from competitors’ filings and indications.
- Analysis of industry data with regard to Increased Limit Factors, loss trend, exposure trend and loss development factors.
- Performing actuarial analysis for loss development and loss ratio projection files.
- Evaluating the profitability of existing business.
- Complete state filing work as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field required.
- 0-4 years of professional actuarial experience
- Active participant in CAS actuarial track with between 0 – 5 completed exams
- Professional internship(s) in actuarial, insurance or related field preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Growing ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and other departments is essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize date from a number of sources
- Ability to think critically to solve work related problems with creativity
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office and SQL preferred, Microsoft PowerBI and/or R preferred