Collectibles Insurance Services (CIS) is a member company of Global Indemnity Group, Inc. Since 1966 CIS has been insuring today's treasures from tomorrow's tragedy. Visit the company website for additional company information: http://www.collectinsure.com/.
In this position you will be responsible for providing support of profitable growth objectives. The emphasis is on technical underwriting of collectibles coverages. Acting as a referral underwriter, review a high volume of referred risks within broadening authority levels and accept or decline accordingly. Monitor and adhere to company underwriting rules and guidelines as well as insurance laws and regulations. Maintain excellent contact with agents and be able to deliver feedback on submissions constructively and with tact.
- Evaluate, assess and apply core underwriting techniques to individual risks to determine acceptance, declination or modification of terms in accordance with established company guidelines
- Support the in-house Agency sales team to address all insured policy servicing requests and issues
- Underwrite referred risks and handle endorsement requests, cancellations, and reinstatements, etc.
- Provide 24 hour or better response time on new business submissions. Work collaboratively with other underwriters in the unit to maintain 24 hour response time standard.
- Prompt response to phone calls and emails.
- Respond to department of insurance complaints and inquiries
- Partner with more experienced underwriters to educate and train agents on Collectibles products and underwriting systems
- Manage assignments that supports the growth & profitability objectives established by the business unit. Create strategic agency management plans that encompasses production and loss ratio targets
- Participate in product, rate review and underwriting guideline development.
- Participate in national Collectors shows and other marketing visits as needed
- Participate in other projects as assigned
- 1 or more years Property and Casualty experience required; personal lines and/or agency experience preferred
- Property and Casualty License
- Experience working with agents and wholesale brokers is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; The ability to market Collectibles products to agents is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Professional designations (CPCU, AU, etc.) are a plus
- Surplus Lines experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)