Sr. Application Developer
- Perform and assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications according to GBLI's best practices and SDLC.
- Prepare and document program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently create and maintain software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Create and maintain code and scripts across the full stack of software development including UI, business logic and database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- Five years of full stack development experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of the following:
- C# and .Net Framework 4.0 or greater
- ASP.Net MVC
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater
- Software Design Patterns
- HTML and CSS
- .Net Core and/or Angular 2+ are a plus.
- Hands-on software development and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies and patterns.
- Ability to be innovative while working in a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Insurance industry experience a plus
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software