Sr. Underwriting Assistant
In this position you will be responsible for all policy transaction processing and technical support functions for the Diamond State Group underwriting unit.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Triage incoming new business submissions to eliminate non-qualifying submissions.
- Conduct clearance process on new business submissions (indexing)
- Place orders for inspection reports as assigned by underwriter.
- Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy.
- Develop recommendation letters and monitor policies for recommendation compliance.
- Rate and price money endorsements and cancellations in accordance with policy conditions.
- Ensure cancellations are processed in accordance with state requirements and policy conditions.
- Contact producers to gather additional account information.
- In accordance with the specific Letter of Underwriting Authority delegated to you and executed by you, which applies to new business, in-force business and renewal business, obtain the underwriting data required to evaluate the acceptability of individual risks, determine the terms and conditions that are appropriate, quote, bind, process and manage that business.
- Evaluate and prepare renewals including rating risks and provide the underwriter with all of the underwriting data required to evaluate the risk.
- Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
- Attend industry specific seminars and courses; participate in continuing education where required; and participate in wholesaler seminars conducted by the company.
- Complete the Account checklist and notify underwriter as necessary of discrepancies
- Issue Binders as requested by underwriter
- Follow up on request made to agents like signed applications
- Make sure wind premiums are properly booked
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years of experience as an Underwriting Assistant or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Insurance related coursework beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
- Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with producers through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence.
- Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.