This position underwrites new and renewal business commercial property and general liability risks. Manage assigned programs in support of profitable growth objectives. This individual will develop strategic, operational and tactical plans that are designed to achieve and exceed established goals. Relationship management is of critical importance and determined by where United National’s position of prominence sits within each appointed agency.
Position & Responsibilities:
This candidate must demonstrate a strong customer focus with a sense of urgency balanced with core property & casualty technical skills that enables this individual to underwrite individual risks with speed, accuracy, and prudent decision acumen.
- Review, price, and manage renewal business (multi line with an emphasis on general liability and property) in accordance with company guidelines
- Select, price, quote, and decline new business in accordance with company and program(s) underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgement
- Respond to endorsement requests from existing accounts
- Travel periodically to assigned agents
- Develop and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed program administrators to foster the generation of profitable business
- Accountability for the production and loss ratio performance of assigned programs
- Develop, monitor, and suggest changes to new and existing programs that align with the core company profitability objectives
- Educate agents on United National Group products and underwriting systems
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years Property and Casualty experience in the underwriting department of an insurance company; experience with Excess and Surplus lines preferred
- Experience writing construction/artisan contractor classes
- Prior or Current carrier experience, working with program administrators and wholesale brokers preferred.
- Periodic travel to program administrators
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; The ability to market United National products to agents is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Professional designations (CPCU, AU, ETC.) are a plus
- Insurance rating experience is plus
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.