This position is an introductory underwriting role in our Small Business Underwriting Review department. The individual will be responsible for renewal underwriting for various lines, underwriting quality reviews, and service with agents. It is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual wishing to engage in a professional underwriting career.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Review, price, and quote renewal business and additional transactions (multi line with an emphasis on general liability and property) in accordance with company guidelines.
- Conduct quality reviews for agent compliance to company guidelines.
- Review and evaluate inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy.
- Monitor policies for recommendation compliance.
- Determine noncompliance trends and report findings in accordance with Unit’s guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other Underwriters to maintain business relationships and provide appropriate response time on all underwriting responsibilities.
- Participate in continuing education as appropriate.
- Support broader company and department projects and initiatives, as appropriate.
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, or related field required or 1-2 years Property and Casualty Underwriting, or Underwriting Support, or related insurance experience. Professional internship in Risk Management preferred
- Experience interacting with brokers a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; the ability to promptly respond to requests and deliver feedback tactfully is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment will be needed
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- The desire to grow and expand knowledge and responsibilities in underwriting preferred