Internal Audit Intern (Part-Time)
provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to the best-in-class while achieving steady, profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also strongly emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
GBLI is seeking candidates for an Internal Audit Intern (Part-Time) based in our Bala Cynwyd office.Position Summary:
GBLI’s Internal Audit department uses a value-added audit approach, primarily focused on the operational aspects of the organization including understanding end-to-end business process workflows, transaction processing, efficiency and effectiveness assessment, and project and system control evaluation. We assist GBLI in reducing operating costs and increasing revenue through recommendations for operating improvements as a result of audit findings. We will also conduct special projects designed to enhance value for senior management. In addition, GBLI’s Internal Audit Department is responsible for the oversight of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation and testing throughout the organization. In this role, you will work under the direction of the financial and IT auditors, gaining valuable audit expertise and exposure to external auditors.
- Assist on various financial, operational, and IT audits
- Perform SOX control testing to certify key controls are operating effectively
- Take on special projects as needed, including using audit software to develop fraud monitoring scripts and conduct fraud investigation testing
- Pursuing Accounting major
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.