Sr. Underwriter - Personal Lines
In this position you will underwrite homeowner, dwelling and mobile home risks for admitted and non-admitted business. You will work with Managing General Agents for policy issuance, customer service issues, and marketing strategies. You may also work with the Department of Insurance to resolve complaints
- Evaluate complex risks.
- Identify opportunities for organizational improvement and recommend solutions.
- Monitor trends and identify the need for new or revised underwriting policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced underwriters and periodically assist in orienting, training and reviewing the work of less experienced underwriters.
- Make contact with agents or customers to resolve questions or issues and cultivate relationships.
- Engage in advanced quality assurance activities.
- Distribute bulletins following the quality standards to internal and external customers for compliance, or for rate and form changes.
- Respond to the Department of Insurance complaints timely and accurately.
- Develop underwriting guidelines that are clear, concise, and which comply with state and federal laws as well as achieving company desired results.
- Manage external audit process for assigned agency accounts following established procedures.
- 5+ years of personal lines underwriting experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Expert level of technical expertise and in-depth knowledge in assigned lines of business.
- Proficiency with automated underwriting systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite including Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; adept in relationship building with general and retail agents.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Professional Insurance Designations preferred (i.e. CPCU).
- Ability to work from home when required (i.e., high speed internet connection, personal computer)
American Reliable offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits, tuition reimbursement, a matching 401-k plan, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, generous paid time off, along with personal growth and career advancement opportunities.