This position is responsible for all policy transaction processing and technical support functions for our small commercial property & casualty business.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Conduct clearance process on new and renewal business submissions for our Penn America and United National business segments
- Assign incoming submissions; place orders for inspection reports as assigned by underwriter.
- Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy.
- Monitor policies for recommendation compliance.
- Contact producers to gather any additional required information
- Enter data into QuickRater as needed; process approvals in rater with guidance
- Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
- Participate in continuing education where required; and participate in agent meetings conducted by the company.
- Conduct quality reviews on agent compliance to company guidelines
- Review and set up renewals
- Refer urgent requests to other staff in absence of manager
- Process broker of record letters
- Occasionally participate in projects
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1 + years experience in an underwriting department of an insurance company or agency
- Strong organizational skills
- Insurance related coursework beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with producers through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence
- Prior experience working in with rating systems is a plus
- Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
- The ability to download the companies VPN software onto a personal computer to allow for remote work as needed.