Product Development Analyst
provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to the best-in-class while achieving steady, profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also strongly emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
What GBLI offers you:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development opportunities (including a mentorship program)
- Educational assistance program, which covers up to $5,250 in educational costs per year
- Comprehensive health insurance plan (with vision and dental)
- No-cost health insurance plan available
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-sponsored social events
- Various committees to get involved in, which include our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, and Employee Wellness Committee
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the company’s entry into new markets by developing and presenting pricing, underwriting and filing strategies in response to business needs. Research and respond to regulatory requirements for various forms and endorsements. Utilize strategic analysis of market trends and business opportunities to develop and implement new products that lead to growth and profitability consistent with the Company’s strategic plan. Responsibilities may include support for both admitted and non-admitted business. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to work on multiple high-priority tasks.
Position & Responsibilities
- Supports the Product Management & Development Department and Product Manager by providing underwriting, pricing, filing, coverage, compliance and systems support.
- Collaborates with underwriting and regulatory to ensure products comply with insurance services circulars and state bulletins.
- Prepares manual pages, document the review and approval process for each release, and draft notification of system, form updates, or related changes for use by internal or external customers.
- Receives ISO circulars, industry publications and pending legislation, reviews for applicability to covered products/lines, implements and communicates changes as needed; prepares associated filings necessary to maintain ISO alignment.
- Provides support in researching business ideas, market opportunities and performing competitor analyses.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- May be asked to perform User Acceptance Testing and test case preparations.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of Commercial P&C insurance industry experience either in an Underwriting or Product capacity; E&S experience preferred but not required.
- Experience navigating ISO and other regulatory service organizations.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, and as needed communicate same in non-technical language; ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of functions.
- Ability to work under general supervision and guidance.
- Problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; keeping projects on track and advising management when not.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.