Customer Service Rep III
GBLI | Global Indemnity provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to be the best-in-class while achieving profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
The Customer Service Representative II is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers primarily through inbound telephone calls. Additional requests may be received through mail, fax, and other electronic methods. CSR IIs utilize customer relation software to track calls and research information. Representatives at this level use judgement to determine if more complex questions can be addressed through timely consultation with more senior personnel. Calls received at this position are generally one call resolution, would follow standard procedure, and are generally routine in nature. Information conveyed to callers generally does not require significant explanation or interpretation.
The Customer Service Representative II works under close supervision and is gaining experience and knowledge in the company’s products. Position can be hybrid: Scottsdale/Work From Home.
Position & Responsibilities:
• Receive and maintain a consistent high call volume
• Assist in providing information to insureds, lienholders and agents
• Assess complexity of each call for possible elevation or re-routing
• Access and research information from various databases
• Verify and update various customer information with a high degree of accuracy in various systems
• Be able to accurately follow standard screens, procedures, and scripts to perform tasks
• Learn company products and services as well as general insurance terminology.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• High School diploma
• 1-2 years of work experience in office environment and/or a customer facing/servicing role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn and retain information about company products; as well as train and master various company systems (some complex) needed to perform work
• Ability to recognize the need for, and adhere to, defined procedures
• Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor on the phone at all times
• Ability to help defuse frustrated callers
• Ability to make quick and accurate decisions regarding if a call is within the scope of one’s knowledge and experience and/or may be able to be handled by consulting more experienced staff.
• The availability to work a standard 8.5 hour shift (includes 1 hour lunch) which may be scheduled anytime during the hours of 5:50 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
What GBLI offers you:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development opportunities (including a mentorship program)
- Educational assistance program, which covers up to $5,250 in educational costs per year
- Comprehensive health insurance plan (with vision and dental)
- No-cost health insurance plan available
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-sponsored social events
- Various committees to get involved in, which include our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, and Employee Wellness Committee
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.