Sr. Actuarial Analyst
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work under the direction of a Credentialed Actuary with limited supervision to lead and complete various projects and tasks that support the goals and results of the Actuarial department. This will include leading the evaluation of prospective new insurance products and programs, determining profitability of current business, assisting business partners by providing analytical insights, designing business insights tools to monitor company initiatives, and using various analytical tools to evaluate loss drivers.
Responsibilities may include:
- Leading actuarial pricing efforts while providing increasingly complex analysis and peer reviews of team members work to support business partners and lines of business.
- Evaluate new program or product opportunities, using information provided and various actuarial and statistical methodologies.
- Analysis of internal and industry/competitor data such as increased limit factors, loss trend, exposure trend, loss development factors, industry loss costs and various rating factors.
- Perform large account pricing for general liability, professional liability and property coverages as needed.
- Design business insights tools and reports to monitor company initiatives.
- Use various analytical techniques to evaluate loss drivers of products.
- Complete analysis for admitted products and support state filing work as needed.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics concentration.
- 4-6 actuarial exams completed.
- 3 or more years of prior property & casualty actuarial experience.
- Commercial Lines large account pricing experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
- Programming experience a plus (e.g. SQL, R, VBA, Python, SAS).
- Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI or comparable software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment while showing self-initiative.
- Strong desire to pursue ACAS/FCAS through completion of actuarial exams administered by CAS.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.