The Network Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, planning and supporting of the Microsoft Azure Cloud and on-premises network infrastructure. The incumbent will design and deploy network solutions to meet the requirements of core organizational functions, as well as evaluate and recommend technologies required to meet those requirements. This individual will provide the highest levels of support to ensure the availability, reliability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support the Microsoft Azure Cloud and on-premises enterprise applications.
The Network Engineer will provide network leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security in support and maintenance of the company’s Microsoft Azure Cloud, local and wide area networks utilizing multiple third-party network management tools.
Position & Responsibilities
- Subject matter expertise in recommending, planning, implementing, and maintain Microsoft Azure networking solutions, including hybrid networking with on-premises operations
- Provide network leadership to define and implement strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and security in support and maintenance of the company’s Microsoft Azure Cloud, local and wide area networks utilizing multiple third-party network management tools.
- Monitoring network performance; ensure system availability and reliability
- Administrating various devices and services: routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, WiFi, Telephony
- Maintaining systems software upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Coordinating computer network access and use
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Work with users and other personnel for problem resolution
- 5+ years as a Network Engineer or Network Systems Administrator
- 3+ years working with Palo Alto, Cisco and Meraki firewalls
- Minimum CCNA certification
- Deep understanding of networking protocols: IPSEC, eigrp, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS
- Solid understanding DevOps Networking within Microsoft Azure
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science or a related subject or equivalent experience
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.