American Reliable Insurance Company is currently seeking an Underwriter Trainee in our Agriculture Unit to work in our Omaha, NE office. Under the direction of senior underwriters and managers, the Underwriter Trainee will underwrite assigned submissions for insurance from AG Business Agents to determine acceptability of risks solicited. Incumbent will be a member of the fastest growing unit in American Reliable and an important role in making American Reliable Insurance Company a major player in the US market.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Production of new and renewal business accounts within approved underwriting authority.
- Support senior level underwriters with U/W evaluations, rating, etc. on larger submissions.
- Develop relationships with assigned retail and managing general agents.
- Manage daily workflow including endorsements, cancellations, and reinstatements.
- Manage underwriting subjectivities and take action as indicated.
- Assist with binder notifications, brokerage and Managing General Agent submissions and create/send broker binder confirmations.
- Assist with policy bordereaux, subjectivities, rate deviation monitors, policy issuance and maintaining existing underwriting files.
- Assist with requesting additional information as a condition of binding and takes action as indicated once received.
- Continue industry formal education by attending, completing and passing Insurance Society and CPCU courses, including underwriting designation curriculum(s).
- A college degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10-15%.
- Ability to work from home when required (i.e., high speed internet connection, personal computer).