IT Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst ensures the proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business processes. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user support requests. In addition, the Service Desk Analyst will install, diagnose, repair, maintain, move, clean, and upgrade all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, and require that the individual or group, assist in-person and hands-on, at the desktop level.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- 1st and 2nd level support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as iPhones, iPads, Laptops, Virtual Desktops and Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues using appropriate tools and methodologies
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution in call management system (FootPrints).
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding virtual and physical desktops and/or hardware problems.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, imaging desktops/laptops, implementing manual file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in an IT support or similar capacity
- Certifications in A+, Microsoft a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including printers and scanners
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Experience with virtual desktops a plus.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, ping, tracert, ipconfig, dos.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Basic User and Security Group Active Directory administration
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations and communication
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Job requires ability to work desk side and occasional crouching or stooping. Occasional lifting of heavy personal computer equipment required.