Sr. Investment Analyst
The primary responsibilities of this position are to analyze, measure performance, and report on the $1.4 billion investment portfolio of the Company. Invested assets include stocks, bonds, alternative investments and interest rate swaps. This position will also provide investment information to support GAAP and STAT based financial statements. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ad-hoc investment analysis for Management and the Board of Directors, the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations, and assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley and XBRL compliance.
Detailed responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Liaise with multiple investment managers to implement the Company’s investment strategy.
- Develop analytical models to measure portfolio performance and risk tolerance.
- Identify, measure and manage risks including sensitivity to market, liquidity, credit, and interest-rates.
- Provide detailed investment analysis to Management and the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Administer multiple structural aggregations within the investment accounting system.
- Provide information and support for financial statement footnotes and STAT Schedule D’s.
- Assist with journal entries, reconciliations, and Sarbanes Oxley and XBRL compliance.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and assist with special projects as needed.
Attributes for Success
- Positive attitude and ambition to learn and grow within the Company.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Initiative to identify and drive improvement opportunities.
- Attentive to details.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate demands of time sensitive deadlines and projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of pivot tables in Excel.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA a plus; or equivalent experience
- Experience with investment analysis and developing analytical models to measure and report portfolio performance.
- Experience managing risks related to an investment portfolio.
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in a mid to large corporate investment department.
- Familiarity with GAAP and STAT compliance.
- Exposure to corporate close, consolidate and report functions and Sarbanes Oxley a plus.
- Related experience in the insurance industry or experiences with other regulated financial institutions a plus.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.