Position & Responsibilities:
- Triage incoming new business submissions to eliminate non-qualifying submissions.
- Conduct clearance process on new business submissions (indexing)
- Place orders for inspection reports as assigned by underwriter.
- Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy.
- Develop recommendation letters and monitor policies for recommendation compliance.
- Rate and price money endorsements and cancellations in accordance with policy conditions.
- Ensure cancellations are processed in accordance with state requirements and policy conditions.
- Contact producers to gather additional account information.
- Evaluate and prepare renewals including rating risks and provide the underwriter with all of the underwriting data required to evaluate the risk.
- Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly.
- Participate in continuing education where required; and participate in wholesaler seminars conducted by the company.
- Complete the Account checklist and notify underwriter as necessary of discrepancies
- Issue Binders as requested by underwriter
- Follow up on request made to agents like signed applications
- Properly book wind premiums
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience of office support experience preferred; insurance experience, knowledge and or coursework a plus
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with excellent customer service mentality
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet.
- Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with producers through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.