Marketing Leader-Personal Lines
In this position you will be responsible for the development, direction and expansion of the Personal Lines sales team into new territories; enhancing the sale of all products; and assisting Sales representatives with sales strategies, policies and practices. You will be accountable to expand business opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospect’s position in the industry, and researching and analyzing solutions. You will work with the enterprise to keep marketing, management and leadership team informed of industry developments by monitoring competitive products and reaction from existing and new clients.
- Expand products and sales efforts into new territories to positively enhance the growth and profitability of the company.
- Regularly visit agents/partners to market the company’s products and services; establish relationships with new agents; monitor the production of existing agents/partners and discuss opportunities for improvement.
- Motivate agents/partners’ key people to promote our products.
- Expand sales in existing and new agencies by identifying customer needs, participating in the development of client plans and introducing new products and services.
- Develop and manage new and existing targeted agency business and production goals.
- Influence prospects to buy personal lines product offerings by controlling the selling process and identifying and pursuing market and niche opportunities.
- Build relationships with agents and other individuals and entities within the personal lines marketplace to assure a steady stream of valuable and actionable competitive intelligence.
- Advises and assists Account Executives in increasing sales within his/her respective territories.
- Analyze business production and make suggestions/recommendations as needed.
- Work with Product Development/Management/Leadership Team to create new products for Personal Lines and enhance existing products to increase premium production.
- Monitor, develop and evaluate the performance of subordinates with an emphasis on sales coaching.
- Assure compliance with human resources policies and procedures.
- Perform other activities required as a Marketing Leader; support Leadership Team in other areas of priorities; and attend relevant industry events
- 10+ years of successful sales, sales management and business development in the property & casualty industry.
- Strong existing business relationships with retail and general agents; ability to foster new relationships essential.
- Extensive knowledge of automation and technology to provide professional presentation.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and written.
- Experience to analyze and drive agency management; Recognizes and recommends actions or areas needing improvement.
- Applies expert problem solving skills to the most complex of issues.
- The ability to coach and develop high performing sales staff is needed; prior experience in the leadership and mentoring of coworkers.
- Broad knowledge of existing personal lines market trends and ability to use related data to enhance the segment’s business production efforts.
- Expert knowledge of: advertising/promotion; market research/analysis; product line management; product pricing; account development/evaluation; sales techniques; customer/account training; contract development; business planning; and strategic planning.
- High visibility in the market place with the ability to travel nationally on a regular basis up to 60%