Manager, Product Management
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the company’s entry into new markets and development and associated compliance of new products in various states. Comprehensive responsibility for all proprietary insurance form creation and maintenance. Research regulatory requirements for various forms and endorsements and work with internal resources to implement changes to existing endorsements or create new endorsements. If necessary make required updates and communicate changes as such. Serve as an internal resource for policy language. Responsibilities may include support for both admitted and non-admitted business.
Position & Responsibilities
- Review and create forms and endorsements for new and existing programs utilizing technical knowledge and expert state knowledge of requirements; incorporate input from claims and legal departments
- Disseminate final implemented forms or changes to existing forms to underwriting department and other parties as necessary
- Work with various internal departments including operations, actuarial, regulatory etc. to ensure coverages are coded and priced properly and internal underwriting guidelines are in agreement with coverages
- Implement all new coverages as necessary to existing products and programs
- Maintain technical knowledge relative to forms, endorsements, etc.; monitor state legislative activities as they occur for impact on operations
- Manage implementation and documentation of changes to forms; as necessary work with operations and IT department on implementation of new forms or changes; maintain master lists and libraries of all active forms; worth with other departments (i.e. operations) as required.
- Regularly update Operations with all changes to forms
- Receive ISO circulars, review for applicability to covered products/lines, implement and communicate changes as needed; prepare associated filings necessary to maintain ISO alignment
- Provide training to required internal and external parties
Requirements & Qualifications
- 7-10+ years of commercial P&C insurance industry business experience either in an Underwriting or a Product capacity; knowledge of commercial and specialty products required
- Strong multi state specific knowledge of endorsement and form construction and in depth knowledge of coverages and related issues
- Technical experience using related applications and multiple state websites
- Experience successfully communicating with, selling to, and obtaining the support of internal and external senior leadership; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with multiple insurance applications; the ability to quickly dissect and learn new applications.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, and as needed communicate same in non-technical language; ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of functions
- Ability to act independently and make sound decisions based on company, product, and regulatory knowledge
- Proven personal leadership skills with an ability to collaborate and maintain relationships throughout the organization.
- Problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; keeping projects on track and advising management when not