Sr. Application Developer
The developer will join a small team responsible for delivering system integration solutions to support Global Indemnity's insurance operations. The team creates and maintains solutions using a variety of Microsoft .net technologies. Members of the team will be customer focused and committed to a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continual improvement.
Required Technical Skills – Advanced technical knowledge of the following:
- C# and .Net Framework 4.0 or greater
- .Net Core
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater
- Web, and/or Rest Services
- Software Design Patterns
- Continuous Integration
- Source Control systems
- Azure Cloud
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Build and Deployment Automation
- Experience with a Service Bus such as NServiceBus
- Experience working with BizTalk
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Perform and assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Provide feedback and analysis of software requirements and specifications.
- Consistently create and maintain software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Create and maintain code and scripts across the full stack of software development including UI, business logic and database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Senior level software development and troubleshooting experience in the required technologies listed above.
- Willingness to seek out opportunities to learn and ability to understand new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software