Statistical Reporting Analyst (Part-time)
American Reliable Insurance Company (ARIC), part of Global Indemnity LTD (GBLI), underwrites and services an array of specialty insurance programs marketed nationwide, with an emphasis on general agency distribution.
The Statistical Reporting Analayst is responsible for assisting in the timely and accurate compilation and reporting of Company data to the Departments of Insurance and various Boards and Bureaus. Assists in the completion of all state-issued data calls, catastrophe claims reporting requests and the analysis, submissions and corrective submissions of the statistics reported to ISO, ISS and regulatory bureaus for both admitted and surplus lines business. This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours per week.
- Analyze, compile and submit statistical data calls including bureau (e.g. ISO, ISS) submissions, state-issued data call filings, catastrophe claim reporting and surplus lines data to DOI’s and various boards and bureaus
- Work with Underwriting, Actuarial, Financial, Claims and IT to compile information needed to submit filings and data calls in compliance with state/bureau requirements
- Respond to Insurance Department inquiries and negotiate extensions, when necessary, with the Departments of Insurance and Rating Bureaus
- Research filing-related bulletins, regulations, and statutes
- At least 2 years of college courses
- Insurance knowledge/experience, designations and/or course work is preferred
- Strong listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information
- Strong analytical, mathematical and creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Team player
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work from home when required (i.e., high speed internet connection, personal computer)