Global Indemnity Group is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to support Finance, Corporate Audit, and Corporate Legal Departments.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Providing administrative support to counsel with legal, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Provide administrative support for board and investor meetings
- Function as departmental notary
- Support successful press releases
- Provide administrative support to the financial reporting team including tasks associated with quarterly SEC filings and other accounting administrative tasks.
- Continuously evaluate departmental administrative workflows and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with administrative functions related to tax reporting functions.
- Help facilitate the attainment of information from other departments relative to SEC filings.
- Assist with traditional Assistant responsibilities such as travel, calendar management, meeting coordination, and material management as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related administrative support experience; experience supporting executives required
- Proven ability to master a number of proprietary as well as off the shelf applications for travel planning, expense management, and related functions.
- Ability to occasionally travel to provide administrative support for corporate functions and board meetings
- Commissioned as a Notary Public or willing to become a Notary Public shortly after hiring
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Familiarity with various government applications such as Edgar and SEC.gov as well as data mining tools such as LexisNexis
- Exceptional organizational skills; including the ability to create one’s own organizational strategy as well as the ability to logically plan and organize the events, and calendars of many executives
- The ability to be receptive to change, including the modification of planned events on short notice, and change in responsibilities
- The ability to deal with stress effectively
- The ability to interact with many types of personalities and attempt to effectively resolve conflicts independently
- The ability and interest to identify ways of streamlining administrative processes as well as grow one’s own job
- Personal interest or experience in finance, legal, audit or insurance a plus
- HS diploma required; education towards or completion of bachelor’s degree a plus.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.