Actuarial Intern - Summer 2020
As an Actuarial Intern, you will have the opportunity to work under the direction of a Sr. level Actuarial employee to complete projects and tasks that support the goals and results of the Actuarial department. Lines of coverage may include property, auto, general and professional liability, vacant property and collectible insurance. This opportunity would be ideal for an individual to gain practical Actuarial experience as a starting point to a career in the industry.
This internship may support both pricing and/or reserving activities.
- Developing pricing and profitability performance metrics reports for senior management using Microsoft Power BI
- Performing loss development analysis for reserving using ResQ software and Excel models
- Performing data validation and testing using Microsoft SQL database
- Analysis of industry data with regard to Increased Limit Factors, loss trend, exposure trend and loss development factors.
- Developing rate filings in support of insurance product revisions
- Pursing Bachelors’ degree with actuarial, insurance, or mathematics concentration; ideal candidate will have completed Junior year but open to other classes as well
- Completed Actuarial exam a plus but not required
- Prior experience in insurance and or general business a plus
- Strong computer skills- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.); Microsoft Power BI and SQL a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment