Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant
provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to the best-in-class while achieving steady, profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also strongly emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
What GBLI offers you:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development opportunities (including a mentorship program)
- Educational assistance program, which covers up to $5,250 in educational costs per year
- Comprehensive health insurance plan (with vision and dental)
- No-cost health insurance plan available
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-sponsored social events
- Various committees to get involved in, which include our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, and Employee Wellness Committee
This role is an accounting position providing dedicated professional accounting services with a concentration in financial reporting, quarterly close and data analysis. This person will work on many detailed-oriented activities such as recording journal entries, complex account reconciliations, monthly closing procedures, internal and external financial statement preparation, Sarbanes Oxley Compliance, forecasting and analysis and Board of Director presentations.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Key member of the team responsible for ownership over the quarterly close process surrounding underwriting income.
- Preparation and analysis of complex balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and metrics.
- Preparation and analysis of key financial packages and presentations utilized by management to analyze the business.
- Forecasting and analysis of internal product line financial performance.
- Ensure SOX compliance and documentation in areas surrounding underwriting income such as premium, commission and incurred losses.
- Communication and collaboration with internal and external auditors regarding financial processes and controls.
- Analyze data and generate various ad hoc reports with focus on data integrity.
- Liaison with various departments including Treasury, Investment, Reinsurance, Actuarial, Audit, Underwriting and Claims to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Execute various projects to increase automation and efficiency of financial reporting.
- Involvement in special projects that support the Finance Departments Objectives.
- CPA license (or partial completion / intent to acquire) a plus.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the insurance industry a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required (pivot tables and complex formulas).
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments is a must.
- Ability to communicate professionally across all levels of the organization.
- Works efficiently and effectively in both team and individual environments along with remote/hybrid and office environments.
- Positive attitude toward assignments and in managing business relationships
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University or equivalent industry experience. Studies focused on Accounting/Finance or Audit.
- Three to five years of accounting, financial reporting or public accounting experience
- Sungard EAS General Ledger, WINGS Statutory Reporting and Power BI software experience a plus
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.