In this position, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of new or enhanced existing commercial insurance products, and associated regulatory and system updates for targeted lines of business. Develop and execute strategic plans for entry into new markets and development and associated compliance of new products in various states. Use market data to identify, analyze and evaluate markets and products. Manage cross-functional projects involving IT, Underwriting and Marketing that are focused on successfully developing new or enhanced products and their related systems in response to business needs. Work with IT to develop business specifications, testing criteria and appropriate use of IT resources for implementation. Utilize strategic analysis of market trends and business opportunities to develop and implement new products that lead to growth and profits consistent with the Company’s future strategic plan. This position works on assignments reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and is recognized as a company consultant for coverage and form interpretation.
Position & Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of new product offerings for various product lines.
- Work independently with actuarial and underwriting to analyze various premium rates by state, identify areas for improvement (i.e. competitive advantage); manage and test all updates to associated systems.
- Enhance products by researching and adding competitively advantageous exclusions, endorsements, orate changes.
- Present and train to internal or external staff changes to systems.
- Provide reports as needed to internal and external parties.
- Enhance existing products by adding coverages and associated filings. Manage the resolution of various application issues with information technology and outside parties (i.e. agents) while utilizing product and compliance knowledge.
- Work to create, test and implement various underwriting tool, form, and manual upgrades and automation for agencies and other parties.
- Manage product implementation projects with IT in an agile environment.
- Liaise with other staff to create form changes, website changes, etc. to various systems as needed.
- Manage workflow, systems and testing to ensure that deadlines are met in a multi-task environment with shifting priorities.
- Manage implementation and documentation of changes.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 10+ years of commercial P&C insurance industry business experience either in an Underwriting or a Product capacity; knowledge of multiple commercial products required; E&S experience a plus but not required.
- Experience successfully communicating with, selling to, and obtaining the support of internal and external senior leadership; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Prior experience with multiple insurance applications; the ability to quickly dissect and learn new applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of state regulatory environment changes impacting company products.
- Ability to act independently and make sound decisions based on company, product, and regulatory knowledge.
- Proven personal leadership skills with an ability to collaborate and maintain relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams (including members of Underwriting, Product and IT as needed) to develop business requirements and support launch.
- Problem solving ability and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and align activities and priorities to meet goals.
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects; keeping projects on track and advising management when not.