Global Indemnity, Ltd. (GBLI), a $2 billion, publicly traded property and casualty insurance holding company domiciled in the Cayman Islands, has an immediate opening for a Staff Internal Auditor in our Corporate Audit Department in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
The function of the Corporate Audit Department plays a vital role in evaluating the design and effectiveness of control processes throughout the organization. The business knowledge and control assessment skills developed in the Corporate Audit Department will position the successful candidate for a broad range of career opportunities within GBLI. For the individual who is naturally curious, analytical, and enjoys challenging assignments, we are offering the opportunity for high exposure and to truly make a difference in the organization. GBLI is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. This role is critical to the success of the organization and routinely interacts with senior executives and the Audit Committee.
GBLI’s Corporate Audit department uses a value-added audit approach, primarily focused on the operational aspects of the organization including understanding end-to-end business process workflows, transaction processing, efficiency and effectiveness assessment, and project and system control evaluation. We assist GBLI in reducing operating costs and increasing revenue through recommendations for operating improvements as a result of audit findings. We also conduct special projects designed to enhance value for Senior Management. In addition, GBLI’s Corporate Audit Department is responsible for the oversight of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) control documentation and testing throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will assist in the planning, execution and delivery of financial, operational and IT audits and will be involved in the financial and IT SOX testing. The Staff Internal Auditor will also assist in preparing audit reports after completion of fieldwork and will review the results and recommendations with Senior Management. The Staff Internal Auditor will also assist the external auditors during the annual financial audit and assist with special projects as needed. The role is necessary to support the GBLI Audit plan. This will require an individual with a strong knowledge of controls, excellent written and oral skills, attention to detail and the desire to learn and take on new roles.
- BS degree in Accounting or Business
- 1 - 3 years in public accounting or internal audit
- Experience in a Big 4 Audit Firm or equivalent preferred
- CPA/CIA designation or candidacy preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate and understand significant volumes of information
- Ability to work independently or in multi-person teams
- Ability to deliver on deadline
- High ethical standards and values, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to develop value-added relationships with process owners and management
- Interest and ability to assist on special projects as needed
- Experience of working in a commercial property/casualty insurance environment and knowledge of basic insurance concepts a plus
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Applications and Internet
- Knowledge of Audit Command Language (ACL) Audit Software and ability to run SQL Server queries a plus
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 10 - 15% required
- Occasional travel outside of the United States will be required