Responsible for policy transaction processing and technical support functions for the organization.
Position & Responsibilities
- Pending all binders coming through the imaging binder queue to meet service level standards
- Clearance of submissions in Bridge and/or PAS (Duck Creek) as needed.
- Issuance of policies in Bridge or Docucorp for the various lines of business in a timely and accurate manner.
- Issuance of endorsements in Bridge or Docucorp for the various lines of business in a timely and accurate manner.
- Booking of all policies in the underwriting policy queue to meet service level standards.
- Booking of all endorsements in the underwriting endorsement queue to meet service level standards.
- Checking all assigned coded policies from the Data Quality Tracking System within 5 business days of assignment, routing or correcting same as needed, within 5 business days of date the item is assigned.
- Participation in the training of the staff in all aspects of the various tasks and lines of business to ensure redundancy throughout the unit.
- Participation in the documentation of processes and flows to ensure accuracy and availability to the DSG home office and field office personnel.
- Review of all reports ensuring priorities are addressed immediately.
- Sending requests to agent for missing valid surplus lines numbers for the individual risks to be able to book and meet the required state regulations.
- Generation of Problem forms for transactions that have issues prohibiting issuance or booking.
- Compiling full copies of a policy (including all subsequent transactions for the policy term) to comply with requests for certified policies received from the claims department.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Actuarial, Claims, Field Operations, Loss Control, Premium Audit, Systems and Underwriting to improve the functional effectiveness of the personnel/organization through continuous process improvement.
- Obtain both a general liability and property rating certification within twenty-four months of obtaining the position.
- Obtain Certificate in General Insurance (INS Coursework).
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma required.
- Insurance background in rating, data entry and policy issuance preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and advise business leaders and staff as a general resource for training issues.
- Flexibility in moving effectively between tasks and priorities.
- Ability to put in additional time as warranted.
- Portray a professional image and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team.
- A positive attitude, with a sense of urgency directed toward the design or creative solutions.