Actuarial Analyst I (hybrid)
This position may be worked hybrid from our Bala Cynwd, PA or Omaha, NE office
As an Actuarial Analyst I or II, you will have the opportunity to work under the direction of a Credentialed Actuary to complete various projects and tasks that support the goals and results of the Actuarial department. This will include evaluating prospective new insurance products and programs, determining profitability of current business, assisting business partners by providing analytical insights, designing business insights tools to monitor company initiatives, and using various analytical tools to evaluate loss drivers
Responsibilities may include:
- Analysis of internal and industry/competitor data such as increased limit factors, loss trend, exposure trend, loss development factors, industry loss costs and various rating factors.
- Use various analytical techniques to evaluate loss drivers of products.
- Complete analysis for admitted products and support state filing work as needed.
- Design business insights tools and reports to monitor company initiatives.
- Grow in knowledge and exposure to Commercial lines of business such as general liability, professional liability, excess casualty, environmental, and management liability.
- Evaluate new program or product opportunities, using information provided and various actuarial and statistical methodologies.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with actuarial science, mathematics, or statistics concentration.
- 1-4 actuarial exams completed.
- 0 to 3 years of prior property & casualty actuarial experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
- Programming experience a plus (e.g. SQL, R, VBA, Python, SAS).
- Experience with Microsoft’s PowerBI or comparable software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment while showing self-initiative.
- Completion of prior actuarial internship(s) in the industry a plus.
- Continued pursuit of completion of actuarial exams towards credentialing under the CAS.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.