Global Indemnity is seeking a detailed oriented Staff Accountant to join the Bala Cynwyd office. This role is an accounting position providing dedicated professional accounting services with a concentration in financial reporting, reinsurance, data analysis, complex balance sheet reconciliation and analysis, journal entry preparation, Sarbanes Oxley control documentation and special financial projects.
The position collaborates closely with internal departments such as Claims, Underwriting, Internal Audit, Actuarial, IT and Legal and also external third parties such as Reinsurers and External Auditors.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Key member of the team responsible for calculating reinsurance premium and loss adjustments.
- Identification and notification of claims to our reinsurers.
- Billing and collection of the Company’s reinsurance recoverable.
- Preparation and analysis of complex journal entries needed to close the books.
- Preparation and analysis of complex balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of key financial packages and schedules utilized by management to analyze the business.
- Documentation to support key controls surrounding Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Analyze data and generate various ad hoc reports with focus on data integrity.
- Opportunity to work with various departments including Treasury, Investment and Actuarial to ensure the integrity of financial data.
- Involvement in special projects that support the Finance Department Objectives.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent industry experience. Studies focused on Accounting/Finance or Audit.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in the insurance industry a plus.
- Exposure to corporate close, consolidation and Sarbanes Oxley a plus.
- Zero to three years of accounting, financial reporting or public accounting experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required (pivot tables, vlookup, and complex formulas)
- Willingness to work overtime during quarterly reporting deadlines.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word and PowerPoint.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.