provides specialty property and casualty insurance for small to middle-market businesses – and we’re on a mission to be the best-in-class while achieving steady, profitable growth. Our guiding principles include the core belief that our people are number one. We also strongly emphasize a customer-centric mentality and disciplined underwriting practices. Our work environment is flexible, friendly, and collaborative, with plenty of opportunities to take charge of your career.
What GBLI offers you:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Professional development opportunities (including a mentorship program)
- Educational assistance program, which covers up to $5,250 in educational costs per year
- Comprehensive health insurance plan (with vision and dental)
- No-cost health insurance plan available
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company-sponsored social events
- Various committees to get involved in, which include our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, and Employee Wellness Committee
Cloud computing continues to organizations to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, Global Indemnity is seeking an experienced Microsoft Azure Cloud Administrator with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech (IaaS and PaaS), with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain various Azure SaaS Cloud Services such as Azure AD, AIP, ATP, ASR, CAS, EM+S, Teams, Intune, AAD Connect, Exchange Online and O365.
- Deploy and maintain Azure IaaS Virtual Machines and Azure Application and Networking Services to support growth into the cloud.
- Optimize Azure buildouts for cost/performance (VM optimization, reserved instances, etc.)
- Own the business relationship with Microsoft account team to ensure we are taking advantage of all of Microsoft’s training, sales support, and other offerings.
- Recommend, develop, plan, manage, implement, and fully document IT projects
- Identify improvements to IT documentation, network maps, processes/procedures, and tickets
- Manage and respond to escalated client inquiries
- Research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of business and operations
- Be the escalation point for other System Administrators, Service Desk Analysts, Enterprise Architects, and Application Delivery Teams
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Microsoft Azure solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Approve or deny change requests for cloud management service modifications
What we look for:
- 3+ years as Microsoft Azure Cloud Administrator
- 5+ years as a Systems Administrator
- MCSD (Azure Solutions Architect) or MCSE (Cloud Platform and Infrastructure)
- Microsoft MCSA in Windows Server 2012R2 or 2016
- Microsoft MCSA in Office 365
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.