Manager, Claims - Personal Lines
American Reliable Insurance Company, a member of Global Indemnity plc, has an immediate opening for a Claims Manager- Property.
The Claims Manager plans, organizes, leads, controls and coordinates the day-to-day activities of employees involved in providing services in the area(s) of First Party Property claim adjudication, compliance and quality assurance. This position is responsible for the direct management of the claims personnel. Oversee claims processing and ensure quality and productivity standards are met. Also, handle a small pending of open claim files. Claims include complex and litigated First Party personal and Agriculture/Commercial claims for all 50 States. Job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical supervision to Property Claims Adjusters.
- Participate in the development of short- and long- term goals and plans for his or her work group.
- Communicates approved policies and procedures to subordinates and ensures compliance.
- Formulates change to policies and procedures as necessary and may participate in the development and implantation of such changes.
- Hires or authoritatively recommends the hiring of subordinates. Trains and develops them, evaluates their performance, and (when necessary) recommends their discipline and discharge.
- Resolves all non-routine and contestable claims decisions. Provides guidance to Claims Adjusters and assist them with questions.
- Monitors productivity and quality results. Takes necessary action, when needed.
- Reviews and approves claim payments over the Adjuster's limit.
- Maintains records related to work group performance, attendance, expenditures.
- May conduct or participate in the analyses and resolution of operational problems.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of management or supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible experience in the area(s) managed.
- Must have First Party Home Owners, Mobile Home, or Commercial Property experience.
- Knowledge and experience managing high volumes during catastrophe events.
- Human resource policies and procedures; area-specific policies and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of claims examination, solid understanding of insurance products, customer service, insurance processing, legal, management and business planning.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of estimating. Ability to interpret policy language.
- Must obtain adjuster licenses in the required states.
- Ability to work from home when required (i.e., high speed internet connection, personal computer).
- Great leadership skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Team player.
- Computer skills.
- Completed Insurance courses a plus.