American Reliable Insurance Company is currently seeking an Underwriting Assistant in our Agriculture Unit to work in our Omaha, NE office. The Underwriting Assistant will be responsible for all policy transaction processing and technical support functions for the property underwriting unit. In this position you will be providing support to Agriculture Underwriters by preparing information for a variety of reports and documents, processing inquiries and forms and communicating with outside sources. The successful candidate will possess a vibrant personality, excellent communication skills, great motivation, and capacity to understand concepts and drive to succeed in a team environment. As an Underwriting Assistant, you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be a member of the fastest growing unit in American Reliable and be a part of making American Reliable Insurance Company a major player in the US market.
- Triage incoming new business submissions to eliminate non-qualifying submissions
- Conduct clearance process on new business submissions
- Assign incoming submissions; place orders for inspection reports as assigned by underwriter
- Review inspection reports for discrepancies/material changes from application and policy
- Develop recommendation letters and monitor policies for recommendation compliance
- Rate and price money endorsements and cancellations in accordance with policy conditions
- Ensure cancellations are processed in accordance with state requirements and policy conditions.
- Contact producers to gather all required account information
- Rate risks through various rating programs to support rate structure proposed by underwriter and provide the underwriter with all of the underwriting data required to evaluate the risk. Complete the coding of all new and renewal risks in accordance with the specifications for the applicable line of business
- Act as liaison between various departments and Underwriting to ensure policies are issued correctly and premiums are booked and billed properly
- Attend industry specific seminars and courses; participate in continuing education where required; and participate in wholesaler seminars conducted by the company
- 2-3 years of experience in an underwriting department of an insurance company; experience with property coverage preferred
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Insurance related coursework is beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work in a Windows based environment with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to intelligently and professionally communicate with agents through telephone conversations and electronic correspondence
- Portray a professional image
- Ability to meet deadlines and work accurately with detailed information
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
- Ability to work from home when required (i.e., high speed internet connection, personal computer).
- Knowledge of commercial products.
- Knowledge of rating farm products