In this position you will analyze, process and accurately update policy payments in all applicable applications in a timely manner. You will analyze data in various financial systems and communicate effectively with agents, customers, employees and management.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all audits are collected by the Premium Audit department
- Maintain and update reconciliations of the department's outstanding balance detail
- Communicate multiple times per day with our agents regarding balances and collections
- Utilize bank software to analyze cash receipts and disbursements
- Create and distribute monthly billing statements
- Create and distribute status reports to our company's business leaders
- Meet weekly with Finance department management team
- Communicate to MGAs our expectations on premium audit collections and get audits at 75 days & older resolved.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting/finance or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner to meet established departmental service level goals
- Ability to multi-task in high volume environment on a daily basis and make sound business decisions while maintaining acceptable quality and productivity benchmarks.
- Good interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization internal and external including verbal and written communication
- Accounting, Finance or related experience.
- 2+ years of accounting, finance or related experience required.
- Related experience in the insurance industry or experiences with other regulated financial institutions a plus.
- Experience in a mid to large corporate environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ambition to learn and grow within the accounting department and enjoy challenges that arise while working in a dynamic environment.
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.