In this position, you will be responsible for the profitable underwriting and growth of multiple lines of business for our United National Group product lines. Lines of insurance coverage include General Liability, Property, Inland Marine, Commercial Automobile, Excess on both an Admitted and Non-Admitted basis. Maintain strong relationships with agents in your assigned books of business. Be accountable for achieving planned results for specific programs and lines of business to attain business objectives and goals.
United National Group focusses exclusively on the program market targeting specific classes through select program administrators. Programs can include Contractors, Habitational, MVP Dwelling, Cannabis, etc. For more information visit: https://global-indemnity.com/united-nat
Position & Responsibilities:
- Examine, identify, assess and evaluate individual risks exposures by analyzing documentation from various sources (e.g. application, inspection reports, contracts, loss runs, etc.) Make underwriting decisions to accept, decline, or modify/price risks in accordance with underwriting guidelines. Implement underwriting decisions in compliance with state regulations and statutes.
- Develop, administer and monitor underwriting rules, guidelines, regulations and manual rules.
- Handle referral business within prescribed Letter of Authority grant.
- Develop and maintain strong agency and broker relationships.
- Partner and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed agents to develop grow and underwrite profitable book of business.
- Agency visitation as needed to assigned agents/program administrators.
- Conduct on-site and remote underwriting audits.
- Work collaboratively with other departments for implementation of product updates, changes and needs.
- Develop familiarity and proficiency with company tools and systems utilized for servicing business and monitoring agency production and loss ratio.
- Participate in other projects and duties assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of underwriting experience in the Casualty industry with either admitted or non-admitted carriers; prior experience underwriting General Liability exposures required.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required; relevant insurance designations a plus.
- Solid knowledge of underwriting philosophy and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and as a team member.
- Must have an aptitude for critical and analytical thinking and problem resolution.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, detailed oriented.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Some travel will be required.
- The ability to work remotely as required via a personal computer and the company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) software