Sr. Underwriter - Management Liability
Title: Sr. Underwriter – Management Liability
The Sr. Management Liability Underwriter – Professional Lines underwrites new and renewal management liability (D&O, EPLI, Fiduciary and Crime) business. This individual will manage an assigned territory in support of profitable growth objectives. S/He will develop strategic, operational and tactical plans that are designed to achieve and exceed established goals. Cultivating and maintaining long term business relationships with Wholesale Brokers in the assigned territory is of paramount importance. Gaining market share and relevance within each appointed agency is the goal and will be measured.
This candidate must demonstrate a strong customer focus with a sense of urgency balanced with strong management liability technical skills that enable this individual to underwrite individual middle market risks with speed, accuracy, and prudent decision acumen.
The Sr. Underwriter works independently under broad direction of the AVP, Management Liability and the SVP Professional Lines. S/He has significant authority limits on complex accounts and has developed significant technical knowledge in E&S professional lines underwriting and/or companies’ products. S/He will quote small business accounts and provide guidance to lower-level underwriters as needed.
- Select, price, quote, and decline new business in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and experienced, underwriting judgment
- Review, price, and manage renewal business (multi line with an emphasis on D&O, EPLI, Crime and Fiduciary liability) in accordance with company guidelines
- Respond to endorsement requests from existing accounts
- Provide 24-hour response time on new business submissions and same day turn-around on phone calls and emails,
- Travel to assigned agents when needed.
- Develop and maintain collaborative business relationships with appointed agents to foster the generation of profitable business
- Accountability for the production and loss ratio performance of assigned agents
- Educate agents on Global Indemnity products and underwriting appetite.
- 3-10 years Management Liability Underwriting experience required including knowledge of Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability and Crime; Excess and Surplus lines strongly preferred. Expertise in Cyber Liability and General Commercial Package business is a plus.
- Experience working with wholesale brokers preferred
- Overnight travel within territory to meet with brokers will be required (approximately 10-20%); the ability to efficiently plan/manage agency visits and travel time will be essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required; The ability to market Global Indemnity products to agents is essential
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team with other underwriters will be needed
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Professional designations (RPLU, CPCU, AU,ASLI etc.) are a plus
- Insurance rating experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills are a necessity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to download company VPN software on compatible personal computing equipment to allow for remote work as necessary
Global Indemnity Group celebrates and supports differences. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, customers and communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.