Director of Total Rewards
At Glassdoor, our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit for top talent. It’s an exciting time at Glassdoor as we continue to expand our business globally and attracting the right talent and keeping our GD team happy and healthy is critically important to us.
Glassdoor is is looking for a Director of Total Rewards to join our growing People Team. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference at the ground level of a global tech company. Reporting to the Head of People, this key position will be responsible for the strategy and execution of all compensation and benefits at Glassdoor. The ideal person will be a team player with a strategic mindset who also likes to roll up their sleeves as needed, and will bring extensive comp and benefits experience in both a fast-growing start-up and larger organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Create, manage and administer innovative, compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the company to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Partner with other G&A teams including Finance, Payroll, Legal, Stock Administration, and Sales Compensation to develop and efficiently deliver comprehensive programs for managers and employees.
- Identify compensation and benefit differences by region and country and integrate these into clear, global total rewards strategy
- Review and analyze employee survey feedback on compensation and benefits
- Work closely with HR Partners, Talent Acquisition, and key business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions, transfers, and on-going job leveling, allowing for dynamic changes as the market demands.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design recommendations.
- 8+ years’ experience in total rewards including compensation and benefits,
- Proven experience creating and managing innovative, compelling compensation and total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and projective models, full understanding of equity practices, accounting and taxation, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics; excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.