Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
About the Job
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing new features for the Glassdoor Member Experience Team. This Team’s mission is to create a unique and relevant Glassdoor experience that helps users find the jobs they love. The team focuses on features and products that create a better understanding of user’s intentions so that expectations are better served and the user has reason to come back to Glassdoor again and again.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing rich, dynamic experiences that drive long-term loyalty. You are also passionate about creating and delivering high-quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment. You lean more heavily towards back-end coding but have a keen interest in front-end technologies and how users interact with your code.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building high-volume, consumer-facing web sites working with a mix of back-end and client-side technologies.
- Proficiency working with Java technologies. You should be adept at working on server-side MVC applications and restful-services that handle millions of requests a day.
- Proficiency working with SQL and noSQL databases. Experience with Hibernate, Microsoft SQL, Redis, and Riak a plus.
- Excellent coding practices including a solid understanding of design patterns and unit testing.
- Energized and excited by challenging projects that is reflected in a drive to deliver.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate (verbally and written) technical issues in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.