Sr. Manager, Marketing Analysis & Optimization
We are looking for an individual to develop the marketing strategy and own the acquisition channels for one of our most important growth products: Glassdoor’s jobs marketplace (JAN). This dynamic ecosystem is a unique nexus of Product, Business Operations, Monetization, and Digital Marketing. As the owner of JAN’s customer acquisition, you’ll be responsible for surfacing data-driven insights from the platform, and converting those into an overall paid media strategy. Exploration will cover areas such as inventory cohorts, variable ROAS modeling, and LTV/lifecycle management.
In this role, you’ll have a keenly analytical mind and the intellectual curiosity to identify new opportunities to test and grow the platform, starting with a baseline in programmatic marketing. A good communicator, you’ll be able to present your work, new initiatives, and business rationales to cross-functional business leaders, with an eye towards marshalling results. You’ll also know how to leverage paid media channels at scale, bid management platforms, campaign tracking, analytics and reporting systems. This is a Sr. Manager level position reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Acquisition and Performance Media.
- Develop strategies to drive incremental growth for Glassdoor’s jobs marketplace.
- Develop and validate the business models used to support acquisition efforts, including the automation of key functions in bid management platforms.
- Act as the business owner for all digital marketing programs to support JAN, including (but not limited to) search, display, social, mobile, affiliates, and other networks. Deliver acquisition at scale.
- Work closely with Analytics/Biz Ops teams to ensure agreement on KPI’s, as well as the approach to media allocation, spend and results management.
- Proactively work with key stakeholders (product managers, marketplace team and marketers) to help them identify opportunities to improve conversion of key funnels.
- Analyze areas of opportunity within the ecosystem and recommend changes to drive funnel improvements.
- Create dashboards and automated reports for the broader team, as needed. Provide analysis as part of reporting cadence and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Buy media directly across all platforms as needed. Stay close to media buying activities as team grows in the future.
- Budget forecasting and ownership for acquisition activities, including monthly reconciliation, estimate updating and vendor invoice approval/processing.
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 5+ years of experience in business/product strategy and/or digital marketing. Bonus for ownership of programs such as SEM, social and affiliate/partnerships at scale.
- Deep quant skills. Ability to analyze & develop complex business/marketing models for sophisticated acquisition programs. Ability to direct and guide team members to do the same. Work with Analytics teams to provide key analysis.
- Outstanding problem solving skills. You’re not just repeating a playbook, you’re looking at every problem with fresh eyes and digging deep for insights and solutions.
- Exceptional business intuition. You know when the model or report output doesn’t make sense and dig in to figure out why.
- Independence and proactivity. You’ll reach out to stakeholders, understand their needs, and build an analytics roadmap to drive the business forward.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills. You are able to confidently present insights and recommendations to senior management
- Ability to coordinate between multiple teams across the organization
- Advanced expertise in Excel and knowledge of Tableau required; SQL a strong plus
- Experience with bid management platforms, DSP’s, DMP’s, etc., a plus
- Deep A/B & multivariate testing experience a plus
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.