Senior DevOps Engineer (Big Data)
Looking for your next challenge? How about helping us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market! Glassdoor is the world’s fastest growing career community with more than 40M members and thousands of business customers and our mission is helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our growing data engineering team. The ideal candidate has significant experience in building scalable data platforms that enable business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. You must have strong, hands-on technical expertise in a variety of technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust, scalable solutions. You should have a passion for continuous improvement and data quality.
We embrace a wide variety of technologies and work very closely with data engineers and scientists to deliver end to end solutions. If you are interested in a fast paced environment, the latest technologies, and fun data problems, come join us!
- Automate application and infrastructure deployments
- Instrument monitoring and alerting
- Manage security following the infosec group’s best practices and recommendations
- Guide engineering teams on infrastructure choices, sizing and cost
- Provide operational support to engineering teams
- Create and maintain infrastructure and process documentation
- Contribute to the data platform roadmap along with engineering leadership
- Evaluate open source technologies to continually enhance our stack and processes
- 4+ years of hands on experience in devops role
- 2+ years working in a “Data Platform Environment” (Hadoop, Presto, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience working with automation tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, and Terraform
- Strong knowledge of AWS platform and technologies (EC2 , S3, IAM, et)
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with programming languages: Python, Java, Scala, Node, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the Unix shell
- Working experience with directory and authentication protocols such as LDAP and SAML
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with Airflow and managing DAG deployments
- Be passionate about or have contributed to open sourced engineering projects in the past
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.