Full-Stack Engineer, Email Platform
Looking for your next challenge? How about helping us disrupt a $90B+ talent acquisition market! At Glassdoor we have more than 20M members and thousands of business customers and together we are revolutionizing the way great employees find great jobs and companies.
Glassdoor is looking for a strong full-stack engineer to join our Email & Notifications development team, responsible for delivering millions of communication each day. We build machine learned optimizations and tracking tools to provide engaging career related communication to our users while respecting their preferences. We strive to maintain 24x7 platform uptime which is leveraged by all teams, from engineering to marketing, to communicate with all Glassdoor users.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing rich, dynamic experiences that drive long-term loyalty. You are also passionate about creating and delivering high-quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment. You lean more heavily towards back-end development but have a keen interest in front-end technologies and how users interact with your features.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience building high-volume, consumer-facing web sites working with a mix of back-end and client-side technologies.
- Proficiency working with Java technologies. You should be adept at working on server-side MVC applications, Struts, JSP, Freemarker and restful-services that handle millions of requests a day.
- Proficiency working with SQL and noSQL databases. Experience with Hibernate, Microsoft SQL, Redis, and Riak a plus.
- Excellent coding practices including a solid understanding of design patterns and unit testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.