Senior Java Software Engineer, Content
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
About the Job
The Glassdoor consumer team is looking for a Sr Java Engineer to help deliver key initiatives towards improving Glassdoor's consumer experience. The team’s mission is to empower users by providing transparency and insights around companies and jobs. You will partner closely with Product to build solutions that meet business goals, creating new services to power our front-end consumer site, and collaborate across engineering teams and departments to solve interesting and complex problems .
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex problems and building scalable, high-performing systems. You are passionate about creating and delivering quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment. You are interested in understanding the business and how your work aligns to the company goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume sites
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Proficient building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices. GraphQL experience a plus
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Strong adherent of writing both unit tests and integration tests
- Energized and excited by challenging projects that is reflected in a drive to deliver.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate (verbally and written) technical issues in a clear, collaborative and open-minded manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.